The co-operative Xest site has been designed and organised so that it is easy to use and easy to find things. It’s entirely up to you how you use it, but we have covered some of the more common tasks below.
We also want to continually improve, so should you experience any difficulty using this site or have any suggestions for improvement for the future, then please contact us.
- Using the search function
- Navigating deferent product departments
- Buying Guides
- Product Information
- Non-product Information
- My Account
- Product Reviews
- My Shortlist
Navigating around our site
The best place to start looking on our website depends on what you wish to do:
- If you are looking for a specific product, then you may want to start by using our search function (our search box is at the top right of each page, just below the telephone number). If your search results show a number of products, a helpful filter presented on the left of page will help you narrow down your search even further.
- If you are not sure exactly what you are after then you may want to browse either our ‘By Room’ or ‘By Use’ categories. Under each ‘By’ category, there are further sub-categories to help you narrow down your search. Again, when multiple products are shown, the filter on the left of the page will help you further narrow your search. Where relevant, you can also use our product comparison facility, simple tick up to 4 of the boxes to the left of the small, thumbnail picture of the product then click Compare at the top of the selection. You will then be able to see a side-by-side comparison of the products that you are interested in.
- Whenever you are looking at a list of products, you can choose to view them as either a list or as a grid, just click on the appropriate symbol.
- Also, we have produced a number of buying guides. When there is a relevant buying guide available, a link will be shown on the right of the page.
- When you have found a specific product in which you are interested, the product page will provide:
o a description of the product including key dimensions and specifications
o a picture of the product with the option to zoom in to look at it in more detail
o if appropriate, alternative pictures (showing for example, multiple functions of the product). These are shown as small, thumbnail pictures under the main picture. Simply click onto the small image to enlarge.
o if appropriate, you can link through to a buying guide on this product type. If appropriate, you can download a pdf document of manufacturer instructions for an item
o underneath the main description you will also find if our previous customers have left any product reviews, good or bad.
- if you click onto the specifications tab next to product reviews, you will find more product details.
- If you are looking for information:
then links to a variety of topics in these areas are provided at the bottom of the page, just scroll down to find them.
· If you have registered with us, then you can view information on your orders and update your information by clicking on the My Account link at the top of every page.
· We have what is called a breadcrumb trail (think Hansel and Gretel, except this one works!) at the top of the page, to guide you back through your site journey.
· It’s always useful to know how someone else found a product, so good, bad or ugly, we carry our customers reviews of our products. Read what others have to say and, after you have registered, add a comment yourself on items that you’ve bought from us.
· If you wish to keep a list of items that have caught your interest, you can add them to your Shortlist.. Simple click the “Add to Shortlist” button found top right on any product page, then you have all the items that you are interested in listed in one place.